This month our chosen product to highlight is our 72% Salt slab. We discovered these chia and nut bars that are sprinkled with a dash of sea salt, and we thought our chocolate Salt slab would amp up the taste even more! These can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, so they’re the perfect on-the-go healthy snack or breakfast bite!
Chocolate Chia Bars with Nuts & Sea Salt
Makes 12 bars
- 1 cup packed, pitted dates
- 1 Honest Chocolate 72% Salt Slab
- 1.5 cups toasted mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon water, optional (if needed to help it stick)
- pinch of flaky or crunchy sea salt
- Place dates, nuts, chia and cocoa in the food processor and blend until chopped finely and well combined.
- Add a tablespoon water if needed to help it blend.
- Scoop mixture into an oiled rectangle baking dish. Using a spatula, flatten the top and press down. It should be about 1/2-inch thick.
- Sprinkle sea salt lightly over the top and press down so it sticks.
- Cut into 12 bars and carefully remove with a spatula.
- Let them set in the refrigerator in a covered container for a few hours until they harden slightly.
- Take them out the refrigerator, melt the Salt slab and dip half of each bar into the melted chocolate. Place back into the fridge to finish setting and then serve!
Recipe adapted from: http://healthyaperture.com/blog/post/food-rx-chocolate-hazelnut-chia-bars-with-sea-salt